slide show of pictures i've taken

Friday, May 30, 2008

KITTENS AT A THRIFT SHOP



Yesterday while I was at a thrift shop that donates their proceeds to animal groups, a rather grotty man came in while I was checking out. He asked the clerk if they take kittens, and she said, no. "Where can I take 2 kittens?", he says. When confronted with that question here in the mountains, she says, "you can try the vet down the road, but I doubt if they will take them." He announces that if they don't, he's going to dump them at Bass Lake! "Where at Bass Lake?", I say. "I don't know, but I'm NOT taking them back home with me", he says. I tell him what I think of him dumping animals at Bass Lake, or anywhere, but he could care less. So I walk to his even more grotty car, and in a tiny cage, even MORE grotty, with a cigarette butt on top, are these 2 tiny babies. He says he found them on his lawn. So after very little thought, and knowing I had a cage in my car for Blossom, I took them. "God Bless", he says.

So here they are in Blossom's "time out" cage at home, eating canned food up a storm, and affording my other kitties to get their panties in a dither. The orange one looks like a wonderful family kittiy, Pebbles, that was Kecia's kitty for 22 years, so I named him Pebbles, and the other, well, she's a no-name at the moment!

While I was at that thrift shop yesterday, I read that they help out people who foster animals, so I will check that out. There's also a wonderful group in Fresno called HOPE, who will spay/neuter and give shots at reasonable prices, where I can get them taken care of.

It also answers a question that I've been pondering, and that is that "people" do dump animals at Bass Lake, especially at out resort. Dogs and cats are always showing up there. Luckily, many of us have adopted them, like my ragdoll kitty, Jingle Bell. Guess they think the residents here are all rich and kind hearted!

1 comment:

jzr said...

I know you aren't rich, but you do have one of the biggest, kindest hearts I know. I say "God Bless," too!